Welcome to StormMC's rules page!
Click on the tabs above to see the different sections of the rules.
These rules apply globally on the StormMC server.
All forms of hacks are not allowed. Any client capable of hacking is not allowed and considered Malicious hacks in cases where no hacks are enabled, or client chat spam is used (explained further under Mutes). Admitting to hacks in chat can get you banned for having a client. If you confirm to a staff member (this includes builders) you have a client or have broken a rule, it is sufficient to ban. Knowingly playing with a hacker (ex. being in the same faction, actively working with them in pvp, sharing xrayed resources, etc) is also counted as a ban for Hacker Accomplice, equal to the same length of the initial hacker's ban. This accomplice time generally can be reduced under the staff's discretion based on the severity of the initial hacker's ban.Malicious Hacks
are defined as giving a PVP advantage.
The following constitutes as Malicious Hacks:
- Chat Client Spam
- Any general client
- Many other hacks not mentioned
are defined as hacks that give little advantage but are still not allowed.
The following constitutes as Non-Malicious Hacks:
Note: Any clicking method such as butterfly clicking, jitter clicking, and others similar to them may result in a ban. These clicking methods are not advised.
- Ping Spoof
- Many other hacks not mentioned
Faking hacks is the same ban as regular hacking. Saying in chat “I’m hacking” or otherwise attempting to “prove” you are hacking is a ban for hacking whether or not you actually were.
- No Bug Abuse or Unapproved Mods
Bug Abuse is the usage of bugs in Minecraft or plugins to have an advantage over other players. All bugs that are found should be reported and not abused. All Bug Abuse follows the defined timeline, with the exception of any duplication glitch, which is a permanent ban. Bug Abuse is split into two main categories.Minor Bug Abuse
is for smaller bugs.
The following constitutes as Minor Bug Abuse:
- Pearling through gates/doors
- Spawning boats/minecarts outside of plots
is for any larger bug that gives the player an advantage over other players. Abusing any bug rather than reporting to staff is considered bug abuse.
Kill boosting (actively working with a player repeatedly to kill them over and over for a high killstreak, for example) is not allowed and can be punished under this category.
- No Inappropriate Skins, Names, or Builds
Skins cannot have inappropriate images (nudity, swastikas, etc).
Anything you’re not allowed to say in chat cannot be in a name. This includes player IGNs, pet names, pwarp names, item names, etc.
Any build displaying phallic or disrespectful images will be removed. Lag machines are counted under this rule.
- No Ban or Mute Evading (Double Initial Punishment, Perm if Initial Ban is Hacking)
Ban evading is the act of playing on the server while another account of yours is banned. Mute evading is bannable through the usage of commands (./f title, ./pet name, etc). If an extended mute cannot stop the form of mute evasion used, a ban is enforced.
Harassment is defined as “aggressive pressure or intimidation”. Any form of doxxing, ddosing, or similar results in a ban for harassment.
Each IP address is allowed 5 accounts on it. It can be one main and four alts, or one main, a sibling, and three alts, etc. Going over 5 accounts on your IP results in an IP Ban. You must keep track of which accounts are on your IP. Staff members may tell you the number of accounts on your IP, but not their names. This doesn't mean you can have 5 accounts on at one time and then a different 5 another time, once you've logged in with 5 accounts they're the only ones you can connect with.
IRL trades are any trade involving the exchange of in-game items for real-life currency or purchases.
Noise pollution is the intentional creation of large amounts of sounds for the purpose of annoying players (anvils in spawn, switching from main to off hand, etc).
Defined in the Mutes section as well, this can result in either a ban or a mute. TP-Trapping or killing staff members while asking for help is not allowed and will result in a ban.
When reporting someone, faking the evidence by photoshopping or other means is not allowed. If you are obviously trying to get the person pushed based on fake evidence, a ban can be placed on you by an admin at their discretion.
Ban timelines stack with one another. If you are banned for malicious hacks, then are banned again at a later date, the new ban would be the second offence for the appropriate category. All bans count as an offence, regardless of category. Bans do not stack with mutes, and mutes do not stack with bans. Bans and mutes stack across accounts. Meaning, if a mute expires on one account, and you commit an offence on a new account, that new account will be muted for second offence.
All spam constitutes a warning then a mute if it continues, with the exception of excessive spam. The following constitutes as spam:
- 3+ identical or very similar messages in a short period of time
- 5+ identical or very similar messages over a longer period of time
- 10+ of the same character, or just gibberish
- 15+ characters in a row of all capital letters
- 4+ words in a row of all capital letters
Note: Any hacked client spam is considered a Malicious Hacking ban due to having a client, and is not a mute.
Any hackers should be reported using ./report or through ./message to a staff member. Calling out a player in public chat for hacks is not allowed.
Don’t bypass the filter and don’t use words that people would consider a swear. All swearing constitutes a warning then a mute if it continues, with the exception of excessive swearing. Excessive swearing generally consists of several swears per message, or several swears within a short period of time.
Don’t be disrespectful. General saltiness is allowed, but keep it limited. All derogatory language, racism, or excessive direct insult of a player is not allowed. DDOS threatening is counted as disrespect. Disrespect does not require a warning before a mute.
The mention of server names is allowed (Hypixel, Archon, Velt, etc). Advertising is split into two categories.Light Advertising
generally requires a warning before a mute, unless excessive.
The following constitutes as Light Advertising:
- Recruiting for a discord, youtube channel, or any other link not StormMC related
does not require a warning before a mute.
The following constitutes as Advertising:
- Recruiting for a server IP not StormMC related
- Any short link or link that doesn't go to a trusted website (biturls, tinylinks, etc). These may be IP grabbers and are automatically assumed to be unsafe.
Don’t be a pain. If you need a staff member’s attention, a message or two will do. Any constant annoyance or constant pestering will result in a punishment. Mute length is determined by the initial staff member’s judgement alongside a SrMod+.
Mute timelines stack with one another. If you are muted for inappropriate language, then are muted again at a later date, the new mute would be the second offence for the appropriate category. All mutes count as an offence, regardless of category. Mutes do not stack with bans, and bans do not stack with mutes. Bans and mutes stack across accounts. Meaning, if a mute expires on one account, and you commit an offence on a new account, that new account will be muted for second offence.
Termonology: Examples [E.g.], Direct Messages [DMs], Definition [Def], Terms of Service [TOS], Releasing Personal Information [Dox, Doxing].
Section A - General Rules:
1. No Offensive Names (E.g;- homophobic, racist names or names specifically intended to target and harass members of this community).
2. No Offensive Profile Pictures (E.g;- Explicit Images, Gore or Physical Harm)
3. No Hacks, Exploitation or Manipulation of the Server, Staff and/or Community.
4. No Exploitation of Potential Server/Community Rule Loopholes.
5. Discord TOS: https://discord.com/terms
Discord Terms of Service | Discord Read about Discord's Terms of Service.
Section B - Chat and Server Usage
1. No Offensive Language, this includes specifically Racism, Homophobia and Religious Persucution of any kind.
2. No Trolling or Spamming, automod is in place to prevent excessive spamming - if you continue this will result in punishment.
3. No Mass Mentioning, notifications aren't excessively welcome.
4. Do not Harass or Target Any Community Member or Member of Staff under Any Circumstances (Def: Harassment is defined as any repeated or continuing uninvited contact that serves no useful purpose beyond creating alarm, annoyance, or emotional distress.)
5. No Personal Attacks or Arguing, if you are concerned for any message potentially put across wrong - you are free to do so in DMs.
6. No Religious or Political Attacks, keep discussions kind and clean.
7. No Doxing Any Members of Community/Staff or Externally.
8. Keep Chats and Discussions in English, while lanuages are always respected - Moderators and Staff need to understand them.
9. Please Use the Assigned Channels, this includes Advertisement outside of the assigned channel(s) and excessively posting memes in some other chat.
Section C - Agreement of Rules and Applications
1. You agree to Discord TOS when joining Discord, we do not want to have to explain or exercise the obvious.
2. Rules are not subject to interpretation, Staff may state things outside of the alligned Rules - However, use Common Sense.
3. Members of Staff reserve the right to delete any post or comment they deem excessive or on the bounds of breaching Rules.
4. Members of Staff reserve the right to refuse you their services if mistreated, exploited or abused, even if you have access to premium support and its service extentions.
5. Members of Staff reserve the right to undo punishments to Community Members inside this Discord Server, Forums and Minecraft Server as seen appropriate.
6. Reports of Staff, Management mistreatment or Reports of Community Members are accepted privately under specific circumstances - however, if it is just an attack or personal vendeta they are free to judge the situation as they wish.
1. No Derogatory Language or Excessive Cursing.
2. No Harassment, Doxing or Disclosing Personal Information.
3. No Targetting or Griefing to a Malicious Extent.
4. Common Sense Rules Apply, Don't Play Ignorance.